Thursday, October 18, 2007

Calvin fell sick and was on MC today so i played nurse to him, which came with quite a bit of nagging.
I hope he'll full recover soon man.

Anyways, we watched We Were Soldiers on poor vcd quality. Nice show, but very saddening. I still feel haunted by the events that happened. Imagine your loved one going to war, leaving you at home and you've got nothing to look forward to except for his return or that letter reporting his death.
It's very saddening to see man killing man for their own country.

Something random to share. Today, on my way to TP, the cab drove past this old couple. The old lady was hunching slightly and couldn't walk steadily. However, there was her husband holding on to her, taking equally small steps as she was. I found that sight very sweet, because it's not everyday that you come across old couples still so loving at that age. With divorce being so common now, how many of us would even still have our husbands by our sides when our hair turn white? Haha.
I hope I'll be able to be like that couple when I'm like them; old and unable to walk on my own. I'll still want my husband to kiss me goodnight during my last few years!


Speaking of today, today didnt exactly go well. Maybe except for the part where i met up with christine and spent some quality time with her. Did i mention that we're gonna be classmates again? That's like the best piece of news i've heard all day.

Got screwed at work, was late in meeting this girl, huimin's friend, to get the knife set (and it didnt help that she sounded pretty unfriendly in her smses). To add salt to the wound, i cabbed down from bedok, directed the uncle to the wrong place, and had to pay $7.30 for the ride which did not get me to TP on time. And then at night.. let's not even get to it.

Tomorrow will be a better day. Somehow I always encourage the guy to be optimistic and strong, but I can never tell that to myself. Drats.

Out.

No comments: