Monday, December 03, 2007

Istana Change-Of-Guards parade

So much for wanting to look pretty. I feel like shit now.
I got rashes on my thighs and blisters on the back of my feet; both bruises sting at the touch of water. And then there's this ulcer that's getting more painful by the day. Ai swee bo ai mia. Haa.

After mugging with Deb in town this afternoon, we attended the Istana change-of-guard parade, in which Calvin was the commanding officer.



Though i've been to orchard rd countless times in my life, i never knew there was such a parade every first sunday of the month. Pretty surprising.

The whole parade started on C's call. I'm sure everyone who went to watch him, be it his dad or the guys, felt the same way i did at that time: full of pride for the dear guy.

The band started playing and the contingent started marching. Calvin's dad was very busy running about taking pictures and videos of him all the way, from Heeren to the Istana. It showed how proud uncle was of C, given that he wasnt feeling too good that day.

Calvin and his dad

Officer Leong and I

Debbie and C.

Daven, Jie, Calvin


There are so many pictures i'd like to put up, but it'll take ages and you guys wont enjoy them as much as i do. Here are a few random ones:

SAF band.

Brudders

Debbie (:

Ready for march off

I got a little mischievous. heh




Spot Calvin.


As christmas is approaching, the SAF band played a few christmas pieces while the MPs did their show.

Neat!


I could post like 534124325 more photos.

Anyway, saw that hao and deborah were also there at the end of the parade, and all of us waited for the officer before heading to Fish & Co. for dinner.


"Birthday girl wants to have fun, where to go? Fish and co!" She got hooked to their birthday cheer.


Everyone!


love the goofy-ness


Randomly thinking back, it's amazing how two complete strangers could strike up a conversation, meet and eventually be able to talk to each other about anything, and feel totally comfortable in each other's presence.

i havent been making time for alot of stuff and friends. I miss her. Not YT/Sam/Nicolette or what, but this girl.


OK IT'S 3AM AND I'VE GOT A TEST AT 9AM AT TAS. I COULD JUST DIE.
BYE.

My pride.


rubs with love.

No comments: