When I first started my Student Internship Programme (SIP), I was dreading coming to work for the next 5 months because I barely had anything to do on Day 1. I happily circled 23 Jan 2009 in red, excitedly waiting for that day.
Fast forward to 23 Jan 2009, which is today, I’ve just cleared my desk and packed away the couple of soft toys I’ve got on my table, one from Koonpheng, the other from a hotel trade show that Ms Foong brought back. I can’t bear to leave the colleagues who have become friends over the many months. These people have taught me much, made my tiring days filled with laughter.
Violette taught me the most basic stuff I had to learn which eventually became some of my daily tasks. Becky & Tiff showed me the ropes to handling wedding enquiries and eventually meeting up with couples. Things are very different in Banquet Opts and being the event planner. Vincent was Mr Cool turned funny man. Wendy often bought us tea-time snacks and sometimes, breakfast. I never got to know much about the other colleagues, but all of them were always damn chatty, gossipy and hell funny.
I’m gonna miss them all so much :(
it's been a bad week, and my thanks go out to everyone who showed concern
-----
yakuza: lol. glad someone laughed.
Carlos Castaneda: wise words, but sometimes in certain situations there doesnt seem to be a happy side to turn to.
Friday, January 23, 2009
last day.
Posted by
Amelia Sim
at
11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment