Monday, October 06, 2008

Angry.

I guess this feeling is what most people carry to work on Mondays. Now I truly understand the meaning of Monday blues.

You wake up feeling perfectly fine, until you board a bus with other commuters rushing to work, squeezing and pushing to get in (and perhaps dreading it, hence the rudeness). Then, the bus driver steps on the brakes just about every metre or so traveled due to the heavy traffic.

In the MRT, you have to watch at least 2 trains pass by before you can get into one. Along the way, you receive a redundant message or two (or maybe you just don’t feel like replying it) and it makes your face turn even more foul.

Boy was I glad when I finally got to Tanjong Pagar. My leg got so tired from the standing. The thing about walking with a limp without having any bandage around your leg is that people tend to stare at you as though you were born disabled. No offense to anyone with a natural disability, but it was horrible walking around with people staring at me up and down the past few days. The only good thing that came out of it was that I got to go to work in flats and no pantyhose.

Work aside, Friday was quite a night with Christine, Roy & co, Winner & Cherlyn, and Justin & friends. Great company and sufficient drinks made the night enjoyable, though it ended on a pretty ‘memorable’ note. Food for thought: Guys who are prone to physically hurting girls should so reflect and get a life, or probably change their gender.

After the classroom session in school on Saturday where Christine acted as my walking stick cum nanny, I limped my way to marine parade to attend Amber’s concert! She looked damn pretty that day. Funny Uncle Fong got Keegan to give me an umbrella to use as a walking stick hahaha.

The last of the weekend was spent frolick-ing with S, Kimberly and Megan before going for dinner at Gelare, and catching the Liverpool-ManCity match at Chijmes. Swear I almost lost the mood to watch the match at half time. Trust Torres to save the game. He’s the mannnn :D

Just saw many ‘how’s your leg?’ messages which brightened up my day, in addition to a surprise ‘phone enquiry’ I got at work. There’s been stuff to keep me occupied all day making me so happy.

Ok back to work!

No comments: